Ali In Book Wonder

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

Speak - Laurie Halse Anderson

This book had become one of my favorites, it was a truly amazing book just full of hard moments and then light at the end. I have to give credit to one of my followers Danielle's Bookshelf. I was hesitant to read this, and I see that it was her fave book, I told her that I might not like it, but she told me to go at it with an open mind and I did. I loved this book full on and it has become one of my favorite books! So, Thank You Danielle's Bookshelf for convincing me to read it.

The story is about high school freshman Melinda Sordino, who had ruined a party she was at, by calling the cops during the summer. Now, her friends and everybody else hate her because of it. She didn't call the cops to get them in trouble, she did it because of something that happened and she couldn't speak. She is alone and that is ok for her, she discovers a talent that she didn't know she had. Melinda is still coping with what happened over the summer, which cause her to do things she doesn't normally do. She ends up making a new friend, who just full of bubbly, happy things. Which isn't what Melinda wants, she liked being alone. So, in order for Melinda to win her life back she has to speak the truth.

Again, truly amazing story, which brings up a topic that is hard for anyone to come out and admitted it or to even speak up and try to do something about it. This is a must read for anyone who has not read this book. Read it I highly highly recommend this story and I love how Laurie brought up this topic in a different approach! And, thanks again Danielle for convincing me to read this (high five!)