Ali In Book Wonder

Faitheist by Chris Stedman

Faitheist: How an Atheist Found Common Ground with the Religious - Chris Stedman

This was an excellent book and a very good read. I was moved by this amazing guy and what he had lived through. I would recommend this to anyone with an open mind and open heart, because this is something that would probably make some people cringe at the topic, but it's still an amazing read.

This was a true story of the author Chris, who is gay and an atheist. He struggled through he's youth when he knew that he was gay, but that's not where to start. Chris's life as a kid was easy and he really didn't have to worry about much. He's family had no religion and he was just a care free kid who was liked by everyone. As he got older, his friend asked him to come along with them to a youth church that was serving free pizza and it all changed for him. He loved the things he was doing and he became a christian and did great deeds. As he got a little older, he began to notice that he liked guys over girls and of course during his time as a christian it became hard for him. He became depressed, but with the help from his very loving mom and other people he was starting to become comfortable about who he is. As he became an adult, Chris realized that he really does not need religion to do great things, so he became an atheist, but he didn't want to be the atheist that a lot of people know as bitter towards those who are religious. Instead, he wanted to embrace and work along side with people who are religious and learn more of every religion there is. He has learned a lot and seen a lot, he has been through ups and downs, but he did not give up.

Again, I would recommend this for anyone who has an open mind and heart. I learned a lot from this book and I have a lot of respect for Chris. He is seems like an amazing man to get to know and learn from! He shows that you don't have to believe in God in order to do amazing things and still learn and respect someone who does have a religious background!