Ali In Book Wonder

The Beautiful Story of "Walk In Their Shoes" by Jim Ziolkowski

Walk in Their Shoes: Can One Person Change the World? - Jim Ziolkowski, Jim Hirsch

This book was amazing and full of emotion, I loved every bit of this story and I would reread it again in a heartbeat. I love what this story had brought to me. Inspiration, never giving up, following your dreams. I can go on and on, I won this through a goodreads giveaway and I'm so glad that I did. I was in awe for every chapter. I started to tear up in others, this story showed strength and courage. I would completely and totally recommend this book to everyone.

This story is about the author Jim Ziolkowsi who lived a life like any other family. He went to college and got his degree for financing. He got a job at GE as part of the Financial Management Program. After, about 15 months of working there he quit, to start a nonprofit organization to help build schools in the poorest countries across the world. Jim also, start programs across the U.S in high school to get high risk teens involve and change lives. With the help of his brother Dave and a friend Erik, they started to build the first three schools of many to come in the future. Together they built the three schools and they all faced getting sick.

Jim has face a lot of turmoil over the years, but he still keeps on going. Even til this day he is all over the world building schools and making a difference in people's lives. Especially with the teenagers, who found themselves easily drawing to him and he brings out their dreams and hopes in them. His family at first thought he was crazy for doing all of this, but they learned that he really does make a difference. His family and himself has faced a big lose, and also, having his own son suffer a disease that really don't have cure. His wife and family know how important it is for him to do his work. By, building these schools in the countries and showing them what they and/or their children can accomplish!

All in all this story was beautiful and full of hope, courage, strength, love, and faith. I hardly come across a book that touches my soul and move me so. This is a must read in my opinion. I cherish this book and have learned what how truly hard it is to work towards a dream and to finally make it happen, to see it flourish, and to see the progress is extraordinary! So, if you want a feel good story this is it and you will see what I mean and you will probably see a little bit more than me.