Ali In Book Wonder

An amazing story!

If You Could See Me Now - Cecelia Ahern

Hey everyone and how are you doing? I am doing pretty good myself. So, today I have a book review and that is on "If You Could See Me Now" by Cecelia Ahern. Now, I will admit that for the first time in my entire reading career (lol). I actually fell in love with a fictional character! Yeah, I can't believe I'm really admitting this, but the character of Ivan was just well written!

So, let's jump in shall we!

This story is about a woman name Elizabeth and her seven year old nephew Luke. The two don't spend time together. Plus, Elizabeth is a bit of a control freak, she needs to have everything in order. Until the mysterious Ivan shows up and changes her life!

I just have to say that this is yet, another favorite of mine. I loved every bit of this book. Elizabeth I just wanted to really smack her and tell her to take it easy, but as the story went on and reading about her past. I felt sorry for her, but her attitude about having fun or being colorful was annoying and again I wanted to smack her. She had her childhood over taking with taking care of her little sister and their dad after her mother left, then when she grew up was forced to take over the responsibility of her nephew. Again, I see why she is the way she is, but that is no excuse for an uptight attitude. Luke is just like any seven year old who just wants to have fun and feel loved. But, with his aunt not showing any love toward him, he gets used to her ways. Ivan...sweet Ivan comes into Luke's life first and becomes best friends with him. That's Ivan's job, becoming best friends to children who need him. Did I mentioned that he is around the same age as Elizabeth, but she can't see him at all. After spending some time with Luke and Elizabeth, Ivan feels a pull towards Elizabeth and when he follows her around, he falls for her. Elizabeth indulges Luke on having Ivan  as an invisible friend (that hopefully she'll never have to hear from him again after a few months.) and doing the best she can to go along with Luke and pretend that Ivan is a "real" person. Until, one night while she was having a hard day, Ivan appears to her. He shows her the way on how to act like a really fun person and enjoy life.

Well, I can't really go into more detail, because you are going to have to read it for yourself to see how it goes. I again just love Ivan, because he's funny, sweet, kind, wise, and well adorable. Good Grief why did this fictional character invade my life hehe. You all should really read this story if you haven't. I really do recommend this amazing story.

So, that's the post and hope you all enjoy it. I will be back of course on Monday. If there aren't any hiccups again with anything like this past Monday. Maybe it was just me. Until then, I hope you all are enjoying whatever time of the day is! Have fun, be excited, and crazy, but not to crazy.

LATER DAYS!!!