Ali In Book Wonder

The Iron Wyrm Affair Review

The Iron Wyrm Affair - Lilith Saintcrow

Hello everyone and how's it going? I hope you all are doing awesome! As for me I am feeling fantastic, excited, a little bit scared, and amazing! Why? You might be asking. Well, that's because that secret thing I was working on just got back to me and that is. It may not be a big deal for some, but this is huge for me. That is I'm going back to school, yeah a pretty big step for someone my age. I'll be earning a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education. So, I'm going to be a teacher and it's something that I've been wanting to do for a long time. I'm just thrilled to be going back to school and also for the first time ever live on campus! As much fun as this is for me. It's time to get down to business lol. I am happy to present to you a book review YAY!!! I know it's been a while since I've posted one of these babies (hehe!) The book I'll be reviewing is called "The Iron Wyrm Affair" and it is written by Lilith Saintcrow.

This story is about a forensic sorceress named Emma Bannon and she is on a mission to protect a man name Archibald Clare who is a failed and unregistered mentath.

This was another steampunk read for me. But, this one was just hard to get through. I just couldn't understand some of the terms the author used. I had wished that she had proved a better explanation of the levels of witchcraft and what a mentath is. Also, trying to figure out German and Italian was hard. This story reminded me a bit like Sherlock Holmes and it was not to bad. I was hoping for a bit more of sense of humor to ease some tension. But, the humor was proved by two characters. As for Emma she was cool and a strong character, she did care a lot about her fashion sense. For Mr. Clare he reminded me of Sherlock with his power of deduction. Now, Emma has a shield name Mikal and he was a very intense man. Whenever he was around Emma, you can feel the pull towards each other very well. All in all this book wasn't to bad, but I felt like it was lacking something and I'm not to sure what that is. I do recommend this and I think I will try to continue the series.

Well, that's it from me! I hope you enjoyed this review. I will of course be back on Monday with a brand new post. I hope you all enjoy your weekend and have a great day/night. Til then,

TOODLES!!!