Ali In Book Wonder

Challenged Books Spotlight

Hey everyone and how's it going? I hope you all are doing fantastic. I'm doing pretty good, just been keeping myself busy. Today, in honor of Ban Books Week. I wanted to provide you all with a list of 2015's ten challenged book. I got this list from The ALA's website, I am also, not to sure if these books are still currently being challenged. But, I'm sure by next year we'll know. I haven't read any of these books except for The Bible (yeah this shocked me!) But, maybe on day I will read some of these books. So, without further ado! Here is 2015's ten challenged books with reasons why:

1. Looking for Alaska by John Green

Reason: Offensive language, sexually explicit, and unsuited for age group.

2. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

Reason: Sexually explicit, unsuited for age group, and other (poorly written, and concerns that teens would want to try.)

3. I am Jazz by Jazz Jennings

Reason: Inaccurate, homosexuality, sex education, religious viewpoint, and unsuited for age group.

4. Beyond Magenta: Transgender Teen Speaks Out by Susan Kuklin

Reason: Anti-family, offensive language, homosexuality, sex education, political viewpoints. unsuited for age group, and other ("wants to remove from collection to ward off complaints.")

5. The Curious Incident of the Day in the Night by Mark Haddon

Reason: Offensive language, religious viewpoint, unsuited for age group and other ("profanity" & "Atheism".)

6. The Holy Bible

Reason: Religious viewpoint.

7. Fun Home by Alison Bechdel

Reason: Violence and other ("graphic images".)

8. Habibi by Craig Thompson

Reason: Nudity, sexually explicit, and unsuited for age group.

9. Nasreen's Secret School: A True Story from Afghanistan by Jeanette Winter

Reason: Religious viewpoint, unsuited for age group, and violence.

10. Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan

Reason: Homosexuality, and other (Condones PDA)

Well, there you have it! To be honest reading some of the reasons why some of these books were being challenged made my eyes roll with annoyance. It just sucks that people come up with such ridiculous reasons why to ban a book!

So, that's it from me! I will leave a link to the ALA's website so you can look around if you like. I will be back on Friday with a new post. Til then, I hope you all have a great day/night where ever you are.

&

TOODLES!!!

Just click on the banner and it will take you to the site!