Ali In Book Wonder

Dumplin' Review!

Dumplin' - Julie Murphy

Hey everyone and how's it going? Well, me I'm doing pretty good. Today yes today I know crazy right it's Friday and I don't write on Fridays lol. Today I will be doing a review on a book that isn't apart of The Chronicles of Narnia yay hehe!!! I will be reviewing "Duplin'" by Julie Murphy. So, here we go!

The story is about 16 year old Williowdean Dickson (dubbed 'Dumplin' by her mom) Willow isn't a skinny girl at all. She has hips and thighs and so on. Along side her is her bestie Ellen since childhood and bonded over Dolly Parton! They are always together no matter what. Then there is her work Crush Bo who is handsome and a former Jock. Willow is taken aback when she finds out that Bo likes her as well! The two had ended up in a "relationship" but after awhile Willow's self-conscious starts to doubt this relationship. To gain back her Confidence she decides to enter her hometown's Miss Teen Blue Bonnet beauty pageant, where her mom runs the event. A lot has happened between the beginning of the story and to the end. And, Willowdean is in for the long haul...kind of!

This book was really great! I enjoyed the teachings on what Julie had wanted to get across. Willowdean is well written and so is Ellen, Bo, her mom, and everyone else as well. There were moments in the book where I really wanted to smack some of the characters and also Willowdean herself. Some of the situations I wish there was a better way to handle, but it's written like it would in real life. This book had grabbed onto me pretty good and it wouldn't let go until I finished. Which is a good thing because I didn't want to stop reading, it felt like I was in high school again and that was kind of scary lol. (Thank god I'm done with school.) I would totally recommend this to everyone who has felt like a misfit or whoever. Dumplin' shows that it's awesome to be a misfit and yes I do love who I am and no one can change that! I could go on and on about this book, but I think I would let you all have your own opinion to this book.

Well, that is it from me! Maybe I should start writing on Fridays too?! Don't know yet, but I hope you all enjoyed this "quickish" review. I will be back on Monday as usually, until then I hope you all have a great day/night where ever you are.

&