Ali In Book Wonder

The Darkest Mind: A Review!!!

The Darkest Minds - Alexandra Bracken

Good hello everyone and how's it going? I know I'm here now, because I didn't want to write another post on Monday, because one I didn't want to be on my laptop and two I wanted to give it a break! But, anyways I am here to bring to you all a review! That's right an actual book review, how awesome is that?! As you can tell by the title I will be reviewing The Darkest Mind by Alexandra Bracken. So, let us all dive right in.

Plot: (brought to you by Barnes and Noble)

When Ruby woke up on her tenth birthday, something about her had changed. Something alarming enough to make her parents lock her in the garage and call the police. Something that gets her sent to Thurmond, a brutal government "rehabilitation camp." She might have survived the mysterious disease that's killed most of America's children, but she and the others have emerged with something far worse: frightening abilities they cannot control.

Now sixteen, Ruby is one of the dangerous ones.

My Thoughts:

So, this book...this book was a hard one to get through last month and into this month! I wanted to give up on it so many time, but I didn't, I kept on reading it a little here and there, and of course finished it this past Sunday. At first I found it to be slow and Ruby to be just a little bit annoying, because of how she reacted to things. Then as the story went on and I started to understand why Ruby acted the way she did. I found myself liking it more and more and she grew on me and she is starting to get into her own!

Along the way she meets three kids about her age: Liam, Chubs, and Zu. They all seemed a bit suspicious to me at first, but again as the story went a long they all grew on me. Liam the leader of the little group is sweet, charming, and is perfect for Ruby. His story just grew sad and heartbreaking. Chubs is the know it all and to be honest I didn't like him at first, but I grew to like him and he just wants to be normal and go to college. Zu is just adorable right off the bat, she doesn't talk, only communicates by writing and her body language. She is shy and again adorable! Then there is Clancy he is charming, handsome, and has the same ability as Ruby. He is not part of the group they found him and known him to be called the "slip" kid. I wasn't sure how to feel about him and I'm sticking to that.

All and all this turned out to be a really good book and I'm glad I stuck with it. Now, I need to know what is happening, because the ending had a "what the what" situation and I was a little heartbroken. I would recommend this to someone.

Well, that's it from me for today, I'll be back on Monday for sure with a new post. I hope you all have a great day/night where ever you are and til Monday!

YAS!!!

Enjoy the Misha being Misha gif hehe!!!