Ali In Book Wonder

My Reading Journey!!!

Hello everyone and how's it going? Well, I'm back with yet another post yay!!! I'm doing pretty good so far! Well, I guess today I wanted to write about my love for reading and when I got started. A little about my life as a reader and what has kept me going on it!

My love of reading came from my grandmother on my mom's side. She loved to read and she got me started on simple books and it took off from there. If it wasn't for my grandma, I would have missed out on amazing books and not really know anything about the books today.

Growing up I read all sorts of amazing books from Goosebumps to The Bailey School Kids and then some. I did have trouble reading at first when I was attending elementary, but I had resource classes and that helped me out so much. I remember getting to take home a tote bag with a few books in them and that was awesome to me! I got help and as I got older and got into bigger books my world was filled with excitement.

I was and still am a slow reader. I can't speed read like a lot of people do. I want to enjoy the book I'm reading and let it build a world inside my head! I get so taken away that once someone calls for me I get mad because I'm so into the book.

Reading to me has been a wonderful journey, yes I do have those days where I don't feel like reading, but I also have those other  days where I want to do nothing but read. I have hardly read a book or a short story that I didn't like or love. Those that I don't get into I would call them not my style, I have learned not to be harsh on any book that I didn't like nor love. I know it's hard for these writers/authors have worked to hard to make their books sound amazing. I don't want to be like every other person out there who just trash them and not given any good critical reasons why they hate a certain book.  I'm not ever like that and I hope it stays that way!

I have come a long way since childhood and I have read great deal of books and was taken away to many wonderful adventures and journeys along the way. I can't remember every single book I've read and I wish I would.

There are even some books that came out years ago and I just now started learning about them and I try to find it and read. I've got lucky with a lot of them. I hope it's the same for  you all. I don't remember the very first book I've read. I just remember the journey.

Well, that it for the little insight of me. Here's to the many books that have yet to be read and to the future amazing authors that have yet to be discovered. I hope you all have a great day/night where ever you are and I'll be back on Wed for another post.

PIE!!!