Ali In Book Wonder

Review: Finishing Touches by

Finishing Touches - Deanna Kizis

Hello everyone! How's it going? Well, I'm doing pretty good, but enough of that I'm here for a review yay! I know it's been such a long time doing one. That I almost forgot how to type one up....just kidding! Ok, enough of the cheesiness let's go on shall we.

This book has been on my shelf for a while. I seen it at a salvation army and didn't think much of it and then I went to a different one and seen it there and I thought that I should buy it. So, I did!

The story is about a 29 year old woman name Jesse Holtz who loses one of her best friends name Cecile. Jesse is going through a lot and so she turns to the one person who understands her grief. Cecile's widower Zach. The two get close and things take a turn for the different. To top it all off Jesse's Boss is a diva who does everything in her power to make sure Jesse doesn't go far.

I found this story to be surprisingly good. When I bought it, I thought why not it's only 25 cents and it's kind of haunting me. I like chick lit and anything that has humor to it. This brings out humor while of course dealing with real problems. Jesse was well written along with the other characters. My favorite character would have to be Jesse's co-worker May. She is awesome and punk rock, she brought the humor in good. I can't also for get Jesse's brother and his boyfriend. The story had a nice tone to it, not once did I want to throw the book against the wall or yell at it! (Makes me look crazy I know,) but all and all I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a good chick lit!

Well, that's if for this amazing review. I hope to be back with many others and then some. I hope you all have an amazing day/night where ever you are and I will write to you all later.

Adios!!!